Friday, January 28, 2011

Buddha is as Buddha does

There's just something about the idea of Buddhism that intrigues me. I don't know if it's the peaceful way of life, the restraint they exert every single day or just that there are so many aspects of Buddhism that I respect and agree to. I don't think I'd ever be able to fully become a Buddhist, or to practice in thier ways, because there are also aspects of the religion that I could just never live without indulging in. I know that sounds terrible, not wanting to take part in something amazing because it interfers with my inulgences.

At the moment I'm a Christian, born and raised. But there's just so many things I wish being a Christian involved. For instance; I don't particularly believe in Heaven or Hell for that matter, to me reincarnation is much more believable, and exciting. Secondly I've always thought that there was some sort of system that praised the good for their good deeds and vice versa for the more "evil" people, aka, Karma. My friends think it's stupid I believe in Karma but I do, I think if people believe in it, not only is it true but it keeps them in key. No one fools around when they know there's a punishment as such waiting for them.

That brings me to the things I know I can't do. I can't possibly imagine my life without be able to indulge myself in the joys of getting drunk with my friends and just being blissfully unaware of my surroundings. Technically Alcohol is a drug, and I respect in them sustaining from it, but I could NEVER. Secondly, eating meat. If you've read my previous blogs you would understand how I feel about this. To put it simply, I think it's the healthy way to live, the natural cycle of the food chain is for us to eat smaller mammals. What honestly needs to be criticised about that?

To end this, I think I'm going to have a try at meditation.

And then maybe a Chai Latte.

x

1 comment:

  1. i dont think karma is stupid... i believe in it too.
    and we has chai latte stuff at work. lolz

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.